• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

T

thenamingofcats

annihilation anxiety
Apr 19, 2024
This is an obnoxious vent (you've been warned)
to say that I'm so tired of the wealthy people in my community treating everyone else like shit. They throw bags of dog shit on my lawn and sometimes just leave it wherever the dog goes. My roommate and I take turns cleaning it up even though we shouldn't have to. I feel like trash and am afraid she's going to leave due to how awful the community has gotten. My mom has one of these snobby friends who do things like this and get huffy when it's pointed out to her that what she's doing is wrong.

If you're tech savvy maybe you can recommend a cheap camera so I can catch the people that are doing this. I've wanted to die for years but when you wake up knowing that you're going to be cleaning up someone's dog's shit it really makes me ready to go. This might seem like a small thing but it's the level of disrespect and the people I've told irl are telling me I'm making a big deal of it and just clean it up.
I'm just exhausted and disgusted and it's really hard to want to do better.

I'm a holdover from how town used to be when it was normal and had blue collar workers. I don't fit in here anymore but I don't have anywhere to go.

I feel like no one will ever understand or be on my side.

Last edited:
Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
If you want to have a pet, in this case a dog, you have to deal with the responsibilities that come with it.

I don't like people who have pets and can't take care of them.

Do you want to have a dog? You're welcome.
But I don't want to be bitten by this dog, I don't want to constantly step on dog excrement, I don't want to listen to it barking from morning to evening.

Some people call their animals children (in such situations I feel embarrassed), so if they are "children", they should take care of them as children.

Your situation shows the absurdity of the whole situation.
Maybe if it was "completely by accident" that their dogs excrement ended up in front of their door, maybe it would change their thinking at least a little. However, I sincerely doubt it.

I must admit, I'm annoyed by the behavior of some people in this matter.

Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Missed my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
I feel this deeply. My community has undergone a similar change and now I'm picking up litter on the daily. When things get too bad I'll sometimes take a garbage bag and go down my entire street, and then when I pass by the same spot the next day, there's more garbage.

I know my perception is currently being affected by my depression, and I know it's a "small" thing, but it just makes me want to give up. No one else seems to care about the basic maintenance of their community, they just think it's "somebody else's problem."

• Hugs
Reactions: thenamingofcats
T

thenamingofcats

annihilation anxiety
Apr 19, 2024
I feel this deeply. My community has undergone a similar change and now I'm picking up litter on the daily. When things get too bad I'll sometimes take a garbage bag and go down my entire street, and then when I pass by the same spot the next day, there's more garbage.

I know my perception is currently being affected by my depression, and I know it's a "small" thing, but it just makes me want to give up. No one else seems to care about the basic maintenance of their community, they just think it's "somebody else's problem."
That's terrible and you shouldn't have to pick up their trash. I personally don't think it's a small thing even though most people would say it was. But I also think they say that because they're not the ones picking it up. The depression makes this all at least twice as bad and the feeling that no one cares definitely is the worst of it. I really appreciate you posting this because it makes me feel less alone. There's been another bag of poop that I've left in the driveway for days now. I've been refusing to pick it up since I keep hoping the person that did it will realize their "mistake" and clean it up (I'm so naive). I'm going to get the mail now and am going to clean it up. But truly thank you for letting me know I'm not the only one dealing with this.

• Hugs
Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov
Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Missed my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
That's terrible and you shouldn't have to pick up their trash. I personally don't think it's a small thing even though most people would say it was. But I also think they say that because they're not the ones picking it up. The depression makes this all at least twice as bad and the feeling that no one cares definitely is the worst of it. I really appreciate you posting this because it makes me feel less alone. There's been another bag of poop that I've left in the driveway for days now. I've been refusing to pick it up since I keep hoping the person that did it will realize their "mistake" and clean it up (I'm so naive). I'm going to get the mail now and am going to clean it up. But truly thank you for letting me know I'm not the only one dealing with this.
The low energy in and of itself makes it really hard to stay on top of, even if the lack of care from others wasn't so crushing. Don't be too hard on yourself for just leaving it be sometimes; these days, as I get more and more jaded, I'm starting to do that too.

I'm glad you made this post though, it's something I've been reflecting on a lot lately but haven't really been able to talk about.

Reactions: thenamingofcats
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
In my youth, only as a practicle joke, we would take those small brown paper lunch bags, put dog feces in them, place them on someone's front porch, light them on fire, and then knock on the door and run. The idea was to get someone to answer the door, see the "fire" on their porch, and proceed to stomp out the fire with their foot, thereby getting dog shit all over them.

• Wow
Reactions: crazy world