• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
Is it normal that one can hold back tears, basically decide if they want to cry or not? I m asking because for many years of my life I could not cry at all. And now, I m sometimes crying so much that I don't want to anymore, so I m holding them back.
Any thoughts on this?

• Hugs
Reactions: Zazacosta
Ash

Ash

Paragon
Oct 4, 2021
Yeah, I taught myself to not cry after the way I was treated as a child when I cried. Then eventually got to the point where I couldn't stop. Then went back to not being able to. And have been back and forth ever since. Don't think I'll ever have a "normal" crying pattern.

Reactions: akwa
RawPremadePizza

RawPremadePizza

Fighting tooth and nail
Apr 23, 2024
Hii

Maybe It's because you've been bottling up those emotions by not crying and now they're flowing out? I used to do that so that's my guess...

Reactions: Meteora
Zazacosta

Zazacosta

Apr 29, 2024
Is it normal that one can hold back tears, basically decide if they want to cry or not? I m asking because for many years of my life I could not cry at all. And now, I m sometimes crying so much that I don't want to anymore, so I m holding them back.
Any thoughts on this?
I do not know if it is normal, but it is also my case. I could not cry for many years, I was not able to. It has changed very recently...

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
Hii

Maybe It's because you've been bottling up those emotions by not crying and now they're flowing out? I used to do that so that's my guess...
Yes, that's very possible. But... does it end again with the uncontrolable crying? How was it for you, if I may ask?

Reactions: RawPremadePizza
RawPremadePizza

RawPremadePizza

Fighting tooth and nail
Apr 23, 2024
Yes, that's very possible. But... does it end again with the uncontrolable crying? How was it for you, if I may ask?
Well when I was in high school bad shit happened to me and got no support and no way to show my feelings so I bottled them up, then everything crashed inside of me and I became a mess, now I can barely function and I feel extremely emotional, like my injuries are all raw and sensitive. I'm now trying to become functional again!

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Meteora and Ash
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
I don't know if it's normal or not but it's common for sure. I go through months long periods of being unable to cry even when I went to. Usually I eventually cry once to let it all out and then I'm okay for awhile, but this time around the tears don't stop flowing. I've spent hours crying over the last few days. The mind can only hold it all together for so long before it has to find some release.

• Hugs
Reactions: Meteora and Ash
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
Well when I was in high school bad shit happened to me and got no support and no way to show my feelings so I bottled them up, then everything crashed inside of me and I became a mess, now I can barely function and I feel extremely emotional, like my injuries are all raw and sensitive. I'm now trying to become functional again!
I m sorry for that..... but I can understand it very well. Yeah one becomes sensitive and I always thought that is great in some ways. If we al were a little more sensitive with ourselves and others, the world would be a better place. Sorry if that sounds moral. that's not my intention.

I don't know if it's normal or not but it's common for sure. I go through months long periods of being unable to cry even when I went to. Usually I eventually cry once to let it all out and then I'm okay for awhile, but this time around the tears don't stop flowing. I've spent hours crying over the last few days. The mind can only hold it all together for so long before it has to find some release.
It s good to hear how you all experience it. I relate, either not being able to cry at all or crying almost non-stop. Two extremes. I ve dealt with very strong and complex dissociation for decades, that's why I m insecure if holding the tears back is already bottling up again.... don't know.

Thank you both.

• Love
Reactions: RawPremadePizza
M

marsupial

Apr 9, 2024
After a long period of tearing up at everything in my line of sight, yes. I think I was just too exhausted to cry anymore.

• Love
Reactions: Meteora