• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

H

honeytea

Sep 22, 2023
Hi! I am a little bit embarrassed writing this but I thought that this forum would be the best place to do so.
When having "low dips" I still try to take care of my general hygiene to the best of my ability at that time, but something I really struggle with is the dental hygiene part
I'm not sure why it feels like such a mountain to climb "just brush your teeth" but it such a mental block.. does anyone else have the same issues and tips on how to overcome this?

and I would really need to see a dentist at this point but I am so embarrassed about it, has anyone went to a appointment with "Depression teeth" and can tell me how that went? Can I just explain the situation to them?

Ash

Ash

Paragon
Oct 4, 2021
I have the same problem. I try to aim for brushing the ones I've got left once a day as a compromise, usually once I'm up and dressed and about to leave the house.

I did eventually find a sympathetic dentist but she left and I didn't like her replacement so I've not been to the dentist since (2017, I think).

gogoprince

gogoprince

Dec 19, 2021
Dentists see all kinds of people's teeth and more likely than not they've seen worse teeth than yours. There probably isn't a single person that comes into the average dentist's office that doesn't get lectured about flossing, brushing, or that they should stop drinking soda.

I struggle with flossing especially at the end of the night when I'm tired I hate how it feels on my gums. It's okay to skip brushing your teeth every now and then, but you deserve good hygiene and it will make you feel better. Stuff like greasy hair or skin, bad breath, or dirt under my fingernails may not be anything that I'm overly conscious of during the day, but I notice those things affect like the background of my mood, if that makes sense. It's just a thing that takes a little dedication of your time that makes you feel that much better and I guarantee you can do it. Anyone can. There's nothing wrong with you.

W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
WOW! Perfect timing!

I just went to my dentist, a rather new place, been going to this place since 2022, before that, I had been going to the same dentist for over 20 years.

One reason that I switched is that I was NOT comfortable talking to the dentist about my mental health, that and he was SO darn pushy.

On my very first visit (appointment) the new dentist and I had a talk. I figured out that she had and does she! have a golden heart. Such a new person,

WE talked about 1) The aspect that I have to force myself to floss and brush my teeth, as I linger and have to force myself to pick up the toothbrush.

2) I came straight out and told her that I had 2 attempts and that I have mental health issues.

She is SO understanding about my mental health and brushing issues.

Now I start about 15 minutes before I want to brush my teeth and reenforce in my mind just how good it is for my health and heart health to floss and rush and after 15 minutes or, so I am good to go.

Flossing is so important, as bacteria can grow between one's teeth and enter the blood stream and attack the heart. So long term It might cause heart damage or worse and I also remind myself about this.

I LOVE my dentist now and I can talk with her and there is NO judgement, and she integrates my mental health into the dental routine, so very nice!

Walter

penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me đź’™
Nov 1, 2023
Hi! I am a little bit embarrassed writing this but I thought that this forum would be the best place to do so.
When having "low dips" I still try to take care of my general hygiene to the best of my ability at that time, but something I really struggle with is the dental hygiene part
I'm not sure why it feels like such a mountain to climb "just brush your teeth" but it such a mental block.. does anyone else have the same issues and tips on how to overcome this?
Oh yeah, this is my biggest obstacle too. The usual times when people brush their teeth are when they're most tired, like early morning and right before bed. So I see why this would be a struggle. Can you adjust your schedule and commit to brushing right after dinner? Also, flossing is more important for dental hygiene than brushing your teeth. Because most cavities are from stuff in the cracks between your teeth. If you carry some of those floss picks with you, and just use them when you're doing things like watching YT or whatnot, they will maintain your teeth better. And you don't have to set aside time for it.
and I would really need to see a dentist at this point but I am so embarrassed about it, has anyone went to a appointment with "Depression teeth" and can tell me how that went? Can I just explain the situation to them?
Dentists see a lot of types of people, and lots of people have dealt with depression. I'm sure you're not the only person who has gone to the dentist with iffy teeth. Going to the dentist is a big step in recovering, congrats ^^