• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

What would you rather leave your daughter in the woods with a man or a bear?

• I'd rather leave my daughter alone in the woods with a man.

Votes: 32 62.7%
  • I'd rather leave my daughter alone in the woods with a bear.

Votes: 19 37.3%

• Total voters
SnakesButNoLadder

SnakesButNoLadder

"Don't trip on what is behind you" • UK
Jan 15, 2024
"If you had a daughter, what would you rather leave her in the woods with a man or a bear?"

The question has been going around social media like crazy.

• Wow
Reactions: LoiteringClouds
SnakesButNoLadder

SnakesButNoLadder

Jan 15, 2024
But still, a bear you can just act dead, a man will continue even after you're dead.
True, but only if it's a female brown bear protecting her cubs. If she wants to eat you, you shouldn't play dead.

In my personal opinion, I'd rather leave her with the man.

Bear is more likely to want to hurt her ( bears gotta eat ).
She'd be more likely to win a fight against a man, than a bear.
She'd be more likely to out run a man, but not a bear.
She'd be more successful in hiding from a man, not a bear.

Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
I hate questions like this because they can't be answered in a sensible way.
There is too little information to give a specific answer.

But ok, it's just for fun.
I choose man.
Wild animals are wild animals, and I am not a fan of bambinoism.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
This entire thing is so stupid. The only reason this gained any traction is because people lack basic media literacy skills and blindly believe everything they see online, including those stupid tiktok street interviews.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

Oct 21, 2023
What is there to believe?
People are believing that most women would prefer being left alone in the woods with a bear over a man, which has caused some dumbasses to get offended. People online tend to take things very seriously so some people are getting all pissed off over something this ridiculous.

Reactions: halleyscomet
Yuki_03

Yuki_03

I really can't take it
Aug 9, 2023
A bear will act the same with people wayching or not.
A man without nobody watching...

Reactions: eatantz and 4am
halleyscomet

halleyscomet

halley
Mar 26, 2024
I would leave my daughter with a man. I know this is an unpopular opinion, but as a women who has experienced SA, I think this trend is another instance of women making out that all men are sexual predators. Yes there are horrible men in this world, but they are a minority. I understand why women see men as a threat, however we cannot assume that all men are horrible people, let alone say that a bear which is deadly in most cases is preferable to being near a man. Most men are kind and can keep it in their pants, leaving a child alone with any stranger or animal obviously isn't ideal, but I would rather her be with a responsible adult then her getting eaten alive.

I would rather take the small chance of a SA then have a very high chance of a long and painful death.

Spouting nonsense about all men being animals and predatory does not help women or victims at all, all it does it needlessly pit people against each other, and make it harder for male victims to speak out and get support. I do understand why women think the bear is preferable, some men can be dangerous and it's important to be careful, but we can not assume all men are dangerous individuals. It's not fair on the men who are good people.

SnakesButNoLadder

SnakesButNoLadder

Jan 15, 2024
People are believing that most women would prefer being left alone in the woods with a bear over a man, which has caused some dumbasses to get offended. People online tend to take things very seriously so some people are getting all pissed off over something this ridiculous.
Everyone here is fine, no one is upset here.

I think it's just one of those things were people can't comprehend how someone can come to the opposite conclusion. I respect people who think differently to me, but I can't understand their thinking. It's a bit like that gold or blue dress thing, there is no middle ground, but we can still be civil.

Reactions: halleyscomet
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

Oct 21, 2023
Everyone here is fine, no one is upset here.

I think it's just one of those things were people can't comprehend how someone can come to the opposite conclusion. I respect people who think differently to me, but I can't understand their thinking. It's a bit like that gold or blue dress thing, there is no middle ground, but we can still be civil.
I'm talking about the internet in general, not this forum in particular.

escape_from_hell

escape_from_hell

Experienced
Feb 22, 2024
I would leave my daughter with a man. I know this is an unpopular opinion, but as a women who has experienced SA, I think this trend is another instance of women making out that all men are sexual predators. Yes there are horrible men in this world, but they are a minority. I understand why women see men as a threat, however we cannot assume that all men are horrible people, let alone say that a bear which is deadly in most cases is preferable to being near a man. Most men are kind and can keep it in their pants, leaving a child alone with any stranger or animal obviously isn't ideal, but I would rather her be with a responsible adult then her getting eaten alive.

I would rather take the small chance of a SA then have a very high chance of a long and painful death.

Spouting nonsense about all men being animals and predatory does not help women or victims at all, all it does it needlessly pit people against each other, and make it harder for male victims to speak out and get support. I do understand why women think the bear is preferable, some men can be dangerous and it's important to be careful, but we can not assume all men are dangerous individuals. It's not fair on the men who are good people.
Agree very much. Why do people start, then fall for and spread, disingenuous and intentionally provocative memes like this?

It was started and spread knowing it will not foster positive or productive discussion, only the opposite. Like anyone of any sex needs more anxiety-producing contentious bullshit to comment on that can only damage their social health regardless of stance.

If anyone asked me this in real life my answer would be either choice is better than being in the woods with the questioner, who is already demonstrating maliciousness whereas the hostility of the hypothetical parties is unknown.
(By the way I'm not directing any negativity towards the OP, I understand you are curious about this internet phenomenon and looking for inputs about it.)

LilysAngel

LilysAngel

Experienced
Apr 30, 2024
After being in SW for so many years… nothing can change my mind in saying I'd pick the bear.

I'd pick the bear over my own husband or father.

Reactions: scarlet-pixie
eatantz

eatantz

I luv dolls
Nov 4, 2023
I would choose bear, the worst a bear can do is kill you. But a man....

• Aww..
Reactions: Konnsz
ilovecats

ilovecats

Empty Husk
Feb 1, 2023
I get that this is more about bringing attention to how much harm SA can cause. I'm all for it but I don't think this is a good way of doing so. Simply demonizing half the population and assuming that every man is a potential rapist only creates more hate. Personally, trying to be kind to everyone and still hearing that a bear is a safer option than me is straight up demoralizing and really pushes me to the edge. I don't want this post to come out as offensive. I'm just giving my perspective but this argument really frustrates me as it basically only breeds more hate and solves nothing.

3/4Dead

3/4Dead

This Body Needs An Overhaul
Feb 27, 2024
Everything everyone said about concluding all men are awful + I'm about 85% sure this started out as a joke. I don't think people were being serious about wanting to be left alone with a bear, I think it was figurative in the way "kill all men" is. Of COURSE nobody really means kill all men, it's a shock joke meant to be utilized as an avenue to discuss how many people have been victimized by men, not to literally encourage a genocide towards all men. But I think this one (bear/man argument) has suddenly taken a serious turn and I really just don't get it?

I feel like I made a joke to my group of friends and they all treated like a serious statement.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I'd choose the bear for my daughter because unless it's a mother bear with cubs, I wouldn't even want myself to be alone in the woods with the strange man. Also people can learn in advance what to do against bears while a man is way more unpredictable. This is how I felt before I learned this question is meant to humiliate men for existing or something whatever idk. I'd still go with the bear.

Then again the prompt doesn't say she can't have any weapons. I guess if she gets to have a gun or even pepper spray then I'd rather it be the man. Either way I'd hope I'd have already given my daughter some type of self defense training for either scenario.

Konnsz

Konnsz

At the very end, you can only trust yourself.
Jan 2, 2023
Tbh the idea of this debate didnt bring nothing new into the table, I knew from way before that women in general are scared of men.

it's sad, yes, I consider myself a really nice person who's struggling with loneliness and last thing on my mind would be to hurt someone else. but that doesn't matter, the loud minority of men have too much impact in todays society.

It's sad but there's nothing I can do about it, I just got used to that feeling of being a public menace by just existing.

the most I can do is treasure the people that do not succumb into their prejudices and first thoughts. it is what it is

Reactions: NumbItAll
pilotviolin

pilotviolin

Student
Jan 27, 2024
I get that this is more about bringing attention to how much harm SA can cause. I'm all for it but I don't think this is a good way of doing so. Simply demonizing half the population and assuming that every man is a potential rapist only creates more hate. Personally, trying to be kind to everyone and still hearing that a bear is a safer option than me is straight up demoralizing and really pushes me to the edge. I don't want this post to come out as offensive. I'm just giving my perspective but this argument really frustrates me as it basically only breeds more hate and solves nothing.
yes and also this simplified controversial question is also more fodder for engagement farms online which already spew out low effort one liners and copy pastes about the topic of men and women which many take very literally, there really needs to be proper conversation in real life or just not on instagram about these things that people have with their friends family & community, theres only so much a meme or simple rhetorical can do online for big issues where action is taken introspectively and how we treat and view others.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
If it's worse case scenario and the bear is hungry and the man is a rapist/muderer- I'd say the bear. It seems like saying to a guy: would you prefer to be castrated and killed or, just killed?

If it's any random man and any random bear, not sure really. I'd want to do more research on how likely bear attacks are. I imagine the majority of men won't attack a woman but I'm not sure bears will either.

NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
Everything everyone said about concluding all men are awful + I'm about 85% sure this started out as a joke. I don't think people were being serious about wanting to be left alone with a bear, I think it was figurative in the way "kill all men" is. Of COURSE nobody really means kill all men, it's a shock joke meant to be utilized as an avenue to discuss how many people have been victimized by men, not to literally encourage a genocide towards all men. But I think this one (bear/man argument) has suddenly taken a serious turn and I really just don't get it?

I feel like I made a joke to my group of friends and they all treated like a serious statement.
Some of us are tired of hearing "jokes" about how trash we are despite never doing anything to harm anyone... like sorry for existing?? And yes I am sensitive. Normally I'd have avoided a thread like this but I didn't know what it was about.