• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

vak

vak

Štěkot smutné kolie
Feb 13, 2024
Photo 2024 05 05 20 49 24

Thank you soooooooo much for the challenge, I actually made it, every day climbing on top of my little torture mountain. BPM dropped from 195 to 185 during the climb, and I feel more fit and full of energy. I think I would get bored eventually, I kept it going unusually long for me, so I like how the challenge switches every week.

I wasn't able to do much with my coding challenge, it requires concertation I don't think I can get without medication, I think longest I could go was three hours? But we can't win all the battles, right? 😸

Last edited:
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
Thank you soooooooo much for the challenge, I actually made it, every day climbing on top of my little torture mountain. BPM dropped from 195 to 185 during the climb, and I feel more fit and full of energy. I think I would get bored eventually, I kept it going unusually long for me, so I like how the challenge switches every week.

I wasn't able to do much with my coding challenge, it requires concertation I don't think I can get without medication, I think longest I could go was three hours? But we can't win all the battles, right? 😸
This was a pretty epic contibution. You have inspired me to get out more and push myself.
ive been wanting to participate more but i havent felt like i can..
We are here waiting whenever you feel like you can

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
Week 28 Challenge: Attempt a World Record

This weeks challenge is to make an "attempt" but a little nicer than the usual attempts we see here. This was partly inspired by @Silent_cries so thank you for your help.
All you need to do is have a go at attempting a world record. It's a little bit of a fun challenge but if you want to take it seriously I won't stop you. There are some very simple ones you can try at home, if you need some ideas there are some here https://www.chairoffice.co.uk/blog/10-world-records-you-can-break-working-from-home/ Or you could find one yourself or come up with something original!

I haven't decided yet but I will probably have a go at stacking cards as I used to like buidling card towers when I was younger

vak

vak

Štěkot smutné kolie
Feb 13, 2024
Omg, I love it!! You are so good with these challenges. Great how open they are.

I'm aiming to break the world record for the fastest keyboard typing speed, which is 212 words per minute. I also have another personal challenge for the week that might inspire someone: taking a cold shower every day, it has many mental and physical health benefits. I've already started and am still thawing out 🥶, but it feels great afterwards... it really does.

Last edited:
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️
Jul 1, 2020

This weeks challenge is to make an "attempt" but a little nicer than the usual attempts we see here. This was partly inspired by @Silent_cries so thank you for your help.
All you need to do is have a go at attempting a world record. It's a little bit of a fun challenge but if you want to take it seriously I won't stop you. There are some very simple ones you can try at home, if you need some ideas there are some here https://www.chairoffice.co.uk/blog/10-world-records-you-can-break-working-from-home/ Or you could find one yourself or come up with something original!

I haven't decided yet but I will probably have a go at stacking cards as I used to like buidling card towers when I was younger
oh oh oh, i know!!!
i beat a world record.
theres only 1 me and there wont be another so no one else can beat it 😁🤣🤣

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
Omg, I love it!! You are so good with these challenges. Great how open they are.

I'm aiming to break the world record for the fastest keyboard typing speed, which is 212 words per minute. I also have another personal challenge for the week that might inspire someone: taking a cold shower every day, it has many mental and physical health benefits. I've already started and am still thawing out 🥶, but it feels great afterwards... it really does.
Yea I saw a lot of variations on typing challenges, like typing the alphabet backward on an ipad while blinfolded hah, good luck, I suck at typing so not for me but I could try and see what my words per minute is but it would be embarassingly low

I did a cold shower challenge many weeks ago, I managed one, it was actually pretty good
oh oh oh, i know!!!
i beat a world record.
theres only 1 me and there wont be another so no one else can beat it 😁🤣🤣
Yea I was thinking maybe there is a world record we could attempt exclusive to us sad folks here

Silent_cries

Silent_cries

I wish I could delete my trauma...
Aug 10, 2021

I do no t have it in me to brea k an actual world record so I will do a little twi st and try to be at one of my own record s in a video game as that is a good enough achievement for me. Beside s, I am still doing the video game marathon bc I want to finish it. Fun idea though and np for inspiring it :D

D

DeathPaloma

Opening quote of "Memórias Póstumas de Brás Cubas"
Sep 30, 2023
I guess this is part 2 of my attemp at the Marathon

She started walking directly towards the middle of the path looking for the lighthouse, but paying attention across the path for any herbs she could find. At first there were many kids and teens all walking together along the path, but soon each scathered towards a direction, some hunters stopped somewhat close to the village and hid in trees with bows and arrows, others followed different paths, some more confident or stupid left the paths, heading toward denser parts of the woods.

The little girl thought if the person was smart and knew how to find their way home, that would be the best way to go, and that's probably what she would have done if she wasn't looking for the lighthouse. She followed the path until she was all alone, she kept looking around but there was no sign of the lighthouse, if it was surrounded by light it shoudn't be too hard to spot.

She looked at the sun, something was wrong she had been walking for more than three hours, she probably should have already seen it, if it was in the middle like they said, would the evaluators have lied? She stopped, she only had three hours of light left, she hadn't even found the herb yet, something was off, had she gone the wrong way?

Doubts flooded her mind, she decided to go off the trail, towards the east towards a clearing she knew, where the sun would shine in the mornings and she knew she could probably find Agrimony or White Behen, as she walked the kept looking at the sun, for some reason her instincts told her she had less time than she thought, she fastened her step. She had to find those herbs and get home as soon as possible. "Damn it". She clenched the dagger on her belt. After maybe 20 or 30 minutes she found it.

The clearing, she ran, and looked for the herbs, but when she found them, they were covered in a thick, black goo, she had never seen before. She didn't want to touch it, but she didn't have much time, so she grabbed a big leaf out of the tree and rolled the flowers on it, and tied it with a piece of string, and put it away in her pouch, she looked a bit more, but didn't find anything else, she heard screams, far away from her, coming from the west, when she looked towards the direction of the screams she noticed droplets of the black goo going somewhere, she shouldn't but she followed it, first they went south, towards the village, but after maybe 15 minutes of walking it turned east again, the sun was starting to set. She knew she wasn't going to make it back to the village. Disappointment and fear dawned on her. She should have just found the herbs and gone home, she made a mistake, one that could cost her, her life. Now she didn't have a choice she had to find the lighthouse now.

Mean while in the village, the last few kids were arriving, there were only 5 kids out of the walls of the village and the little girl was one of them, her mother was worried:

-she knows these woods, she should've been back by now, something must have happened. She said to the headmistress.

-I am sorry Marion, but there is nothing we can do.

The woman shook her head, she wasn´t going to leave her daughter behind. She quickly got on a horse and tried to head out and that is when they appeared three boys, one of them covered in blood being carried by the other two, all around 16 year old. She stopped:

-What happened? She asked, others coming closer.

-These two, stupid they tried to hunt a bear…

The Headmistress came closer, urging the guards to keep the common fold away. The two boys slowly put the other boy on the floor.

- …well they failed, we were nearby hunting a dear, when we heard it,the screams, our deer ran and we lost it, we knew we wouldn't find anything else to hunt so we ran for the screams, the other kid, it looked pretty rough, worse than him, we knew we couldn't carry both of them, so we just left him… The boy looked down

-He probably woudn't make it. Said the other one.

-Okay. Said the headmistress.

-Don't worry boys your action will be taken in to consideration, you made the right choice, you two, go fetch me a doctor. She said to two of the guards.

Marion looked at the boys, still holding the reins of the horse:

-Where was he?

-Marion, no, you should go looking for you dauther, the Sun will set in an hour at the most!

-If she is my daughter she will be fine, I have to trust her, that she is either going to the lighthouse or that she is coming home. I won't ask again where was he? How far?

-Maybe 40 minutes northwest of here, near an a big oak tree not too far from the trail.

-Ok, I am going, by horse I should get there much faster.

-If it is what you wish, I won't stop you, but he might already be dead.

-In any case I will send two guards after you, we can't afford to lose the best herbalist of the village.

-Ok, if she get here before me, tell her everything is going to be ok. It's not my first night in the forest.

And with a smile she departed full speed towards the forest.

The little girl started looking for the lighthouse again, and after a while she felt like she was being watched, she looked around but couldn't see anything, she kept walking trying to stay calm, "panicking wouldn't help", she kept repeating to herself, it was getting dark, the lighthouse should be easy to see, but it wasn't.

That was when she saw it, the shadow, she got a shiver down her spine and she had never felt so small. It was huge, watching her from a far, smiling at her, waiting, it would only have to wait a few minutes then the sun would be gone, and he could get her, an easy target.

-Light, light will deter you! She scrambled and tore a piece of her pants, putting it around the biggest branch she could find and carry, then she grabbed her strike-a-light and the flint, and started trying to light the improvised torch. Every minute that passed as she failed she could feel it getting closer, until it finally worked and she lit it on fire, not only that but she had grabbed a bunch of smaller branches and sticks and lit a fire, the whole forest could burn for as long as she cared at that moment.

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
I do no t have it in me to brea k an actual world record so I will do a little twi st and try to be at one of my own record s in a video game as that is a good enough achievement for me. Beside s, I am still doing the video game marathon bc I want to finish it. Fun idea though and np for inspiring it :D
Oh you don't have to beat a world record, just try one and see how close you get. I'm not expecting anyone to break an records :)
Good luck with your marathon and if you try beating your records, I remember having some decents times on a few N64 racing games
I guess this is part 2 of my attemp at the Marathon

snip
That's very cool, are you a member of any online writing groups where you can share stories and ideas?

Last edited:
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
D

DeathPaloma

Sep 30, 2023
Oh you don't have to beat a world record, just try one and see how close you get. I'm not expecting anyone to break an records :)
Good luck with your marathon and if you try beating your records, I remember having some decents times on a few N64 racing games

That's very cool, are you a member of any online writing groups where you can share stories and ideas?
no

Dot

Dot

Globl mod - Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
Yea I was thinking maybe there is a world record we could attempt exclusive to us sad folks here

*Heavns G8 jkes*

6337522871_e428f576e1-400x300.jpg

Houkki6404

Houkki6404

しう。
Oct 10, 2023

Is there a world record for most pokemon drawn in 30 seconds??
Cause I there is you bet I will try hehe >:D

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
Is there a world record for most pokemon drawn in 30 seconds??
Cause I there is you bet I will try hehe >:D
I don't know, would be difficult I guess as there would have to be a stiulation as to wha constitutes as a drawn and recognisable pokemon
I did find this though
"The most Pokémon identified in one minute is 82, and was achieved by Jen Molly Walker (USA) in Liberty, New York, USA, on 17 September 2022"

Houkki6404

Houkki6404

しう。
Oct 10, 2023
I don't know, would be difficult I guess as there would have to be a stiulation as to wha constitutes as a drawn and recognisable pokemon
I did find this though
"The most Pokémon identified in one minute is 82, and was achieved by Jen Molly Walker (USA) in Liberty, New York, USA, on 17 September 2022"
Huh 82 pokemon recognized in one minute??
That's like 1.3 pokemon per second? I guess I could try :)

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
Weekly Challenge 29: Give something back

The challenge this week is to try and do something that could help or benefit others. It can be very tough to put others before yourself especially if you are really struggling to get by each day. It can be very rewarding though and make you feel a lot better about yourself. Here are some ideas of ways you could do something to give back;

Volunteer some time
Make a money donation to something
Check in with somebody or reach out to someone who might need help
Donate some items to a local charity store
Buy a meal for someone

Personally I have booked an appointment to go and donate blood on May 30th. I will also see about having a tidy up and donating some items to a charity shop

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
i said thank you to some people today for helping us out in a situation (although one of them did get paid for it, but he could have been a grouch about it) so, i gave back by letting others know that theyre appreciated
That definitely counts, it's one of the nicest things to feel, to know that you are appreciated so you gave a great gift.

D

DeathPaloma

Sep 30, 2023

The challenge this week is to try and do something that could help or benefit others. It can be very tough to put others before yourself especially if you are really struggling to get by each day. It can be very rewarding though and make you feel a lot better about yourself. Here are some ideas of ways you could do something to give back;

Volunteer some time
Buy a meal for someone

Personally I have booked an appointment to go and donate blood on May 30th. I will also see about having a tidy up and donating some items to a charity shop
I think this one will be somewhat easy considering my state (I am from Brazil) ihas had a lot o flooding, there is a lot of need for voluntary work, so tomorrow I will be going to work on a dog shelter. Wish me luck, cause I am not a very pacient person

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
I think this one will be somewhat easy considering my state (I am from Brazil) ihas had a lot o flooding, there is a lot of need for voluntary work, so tomorrow I will be going to work on a dog shelter. Wish me luck, cause I am not a very pacient person
Sorry to hear about the floods, I don't really look at the news much so I am usually unaware of world events. I hope everything it ok.

I am really jealous that you get to go to a dog shelter and help out. You may need to be a bit patient though, sometimes with volunteering it can be difficult knowing where you are needed and what you can do to help, I'm sure some dogs would just be thankful for you company at the least

Spectre

Spectre

Student
Nov 27, 2023

Volunteer some time
Buy a meal for someone

challenge accepted 😎

D

DeathPaloma

Sep 30, 2023
Sorry to hear about the floods, I don't really look at the news much so I am usually unaware of world events. I hope everything it ok.

I am really jealous that you get to go to a dog shelter and help out. You may need to be a bit patient though, sometimes with volunteering it can be difficult knowing where you are needed and what you can do to help, I'm sure some dogs would just be thankful for you company at the least
Yeah lol, I guess I failed I went one time, and don't know if I am welcome to return (it's my own fault I am not a very kind person). Anyway I was supposed to go back this morning but my shoulder really hurt so I didn't and idk if I should apply to go again....

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
Yeah lol, I guess I failed I went one time, and don't know if I am welcome to return (it's my own fault I am not a very kind person). Anyway I was supposed to go back this morning but my shoulder really hurt so I didn't and idk if I should apply to go again....
That's not a fail, You showed up and offered your services. Sometimes these things don't always fit for no fault of your own. Don't blame yourself

C

ConfusedClouds

Student
Mar 9, 2024
I hope you are able to get back with the dog shelter if you want to. I have volunteered alongside dogs once a month for most of a year now. I am just about reaching a point where I know some of the key 'characters' and they are more familiar with me (I think) too which is so nice.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️
Jul 1, 2020

Volunteer some time
Buy a meal for someone

i know i already did this one but..
theres this older lady that is dealing with some issues so ive been writing notes to her. her dog passed away recently so i picked her some flowers today to go with her note.. 💜🕯️🌸

soulkitty

soulkitty

ᵐᵉᵒʷ ᵐᵉᵒʷ ᵐᵉᵒʷ
Apr 6, 2024
i know i already did this one but..
theres this older lady that is dealing with some issues so ive been writing notes to her. her dog passed away recently so i picked her some flowers today to go with her note.. 💜🕯️🌸
That's so heart warming 😭😭🌸🌷I'm sure you have brightened up her days and created a beautiful memory for her. The world needs more people like you

• Love
Reactions: Life_and_Death