• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️
Jul 1, 2020
people need to stop acting like all depression is temporary. "oh, just do something small that makes you happy to remind you this moment is temporary"

fuck you 🖕

im turning 25, ive been abused and treated like shit since before birth. yeah, 25 years sounds temporary.
my disorder comes with chronic suicidality, maybe you should check the dictionary, because that word, doesnt mean temporary. chances are real good no matter what i do with my life im going to want to kill myself until i die.
so if i stop to smell the flowers every day my mom will come back??

to treat all depression as "temporary" is really fucking dismissive to people like me where thats just not even close to true. to people like me thats going to be struggling until death.
its only reinforcing to non depressed people "oh, just do some yoga, youll feel better" NO I FUCKING WONT!!!! STOP SPREADING FUCKING LIES ABOUT THE DEPRESSIVE CONDITION!!!!!!!!!!

what probably pisses me off the most is this came from a site that i typically like... (tiny buddha)

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: real human being, LittleJem, ColorlessTrees and 1 other person
T

thenamingofcats

annihilation anxiety
Apr 19, 2024
The people that have a deeper understanding of being human are wise enough to not give out stupid advice so we rarely hear from them. Instead we hear from the people that have a live, love, laugh type of life. They give stupid platitudes because they don't have the experience/wisdom/depth to understand what real suffering is like. Since we're mostly hearing from them it skews things and makes it look like that's how all people are, even though it's not true. If someone told me I'd feel better if I did yoga I might ask them what the hardest thing they've ever been through is, or what they know about grief and loss. Those types of questions can help to put things into perspective.

• Love
Reactions: Sn0w_ang3l and Life_and_Death