• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

hailspark

hailspark

hail
Jan 23, 2024
Hi, I was looking into getting an anti-depressant to help with recovery but I don't want anything mental health related on my medical record. Is there any way to get SSRIs without a prescription? Or, are there any over the counter alternatives anyone knows of? Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Zazacosta
Ash

Ash

Paragon
Oct 4, 2021
If you're not getting it from your doctor, you don't know what you're actually getting. Go to your doctor and do it properly.

manta

manta

its gonna be ok
Mar 26, 2023
Yeah I would not go on SSRIs without a prescription and care from a doctor. You'll most likely have to get them in a sketchy way and you wont have a doctor to talk with if you have any unpleasant side effects such as suicidal thoughts. OTC the best options would be herbal supplements or something of the sort but they aren't as effective as a prescription. How come you don't want it on your medical record?

Zazacosta

Zazacosta

Apr 29, 2024
Hi, I was looking into getting an anti-depressant to help with recovery but I don't want anything mental health related on my medical record. Is there any way to get SSRIs without a prescription? Or, are there any over the counter alternatives anyone knows of? Thanks in advance!
I was once having same question in my life. I found out that it depends on what country are you in. In my country it is not possible to get anything legally.
However I found out that there is one legal available alternative without a prescription.
A tea made from a herb called Hypericum perforatum.
I believe this could be quite legal and available in any country.

"In modern times, its use as an antidepressant has been the focus of numerous studies and clinical trials; however, the active ingredients can be very harmful or even lethal when taken alongside other medicines."

It helped me a little, but not so much as pills.
It had not any side effects on me as some pills had.
However it must not be combined with any other medicines!! Especially any other antidepressants - which can really lead to bad conditions!
So be careful, if you are going to buy this a read something about that first.

Reactions: hailspark
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I know a reliable guy who ships to America. He doesn't love it if he doesn't know the person through his networks, but there is a way he can be anonymous.

I personally think there is enough info about titrating on and off meds online to do it without a doctor. Though you will have to be prepared in case you get any unusual side effects.

Anyway, you are welcome to pm me.

The other option, as above, is to try St John's Wort. You need to read all the contraindications: so it is dangerous with the contraceptive pill and also doesn't play well with lots of other medications. Plus it can make you sun sensitive so you have to wear a hat/sunblock out in the sun.

S

Steve

Jun 14, 2018
Please don't, they fucked up my life. If you though you were miserable, nothing compares to the misery once u acquire PSSD.

S

silence ends

Student
Jan 10, 2023
If i remember correctly its studied that herb called 'Kanna' (Sceletium tortuosum) does have SRI effect on brain. Far as i know that's legal everywhere.

pilotviolin

pilotviolin

Student
Jan 27, 2024
dextromethorphan is setrogenic plus an nmda antagonist (noncompetitive, low-affinity NMDA receptor antagonist, sigma-1 receptor agonist, and serotonin transporter and norepinephrine transporter inhibitor) orrr a really good cough supressant, HOWEVER i would do lots of research and be sure before trying it in any other way than a cough medicine. it kinda works for me rn but its a mixed bag for different people and still has side-effects. it is one component in an approved antidepressant called auvelity; 45mg dxm and 105mg bupropion. depending on where you are it could be hard to get but you can get it shipped to you in most countries, even in ones where its kind of illegal. its given me alot of relief and joy in life HOWEVER it is easy af to abuse i ended up in hospital before and abusing it alot causes 10x more problems, also my usage is different to if someone only took it as instructed so idk how our experiences would compare. i will not that using recreationally will not do much good for most people long term at all. be aware if youre using any other substances and meds or are prone to psychosis or mania. id assume and i kind of have experience that like anything else, if you take it long enough and then suddenly stop, you will not have a good time. i cant really vouch for it completely as one, you don't have any medical supervision, and two idk ive heard and seen and been through enough misuse leading to addiction or just bad stories like if u get unlucky and dxm just isnt for you even in small amounts (ur enzymes could just be like nah so ur sensitive to it or u could go manic or it just bums u out or makes u sick) and i dont wanna put a chemical on a pedestal for other people like all bc it works for me most the time doesnt mean it does for anyone and everyone all the time ig.

heres some resources ive found about it, i still reccomend doing your own research if you ever think about it.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9577655/
Among the common side effects seen after the use of Auvelity were risk of seizures associated with high doses, increased blood pressure (hypertension), manic episodes observed among patients previously diagnosed with bipolar disorder, unusual thoughts or behaviors such as delusions, hallucinations, paranoia and dizziness. Some patients were also diagnosed with eye problems such as angle closure glaucoma and serotonin syndrome after the use of Auvelity [3]. Auvelity is not recommended in pregnancy and breast feeding [3].
my personal side effects of using a low dose consistently are... being more sensitive to all the senses, dry mouth, loss of appetite, more prone to overheating, some insomnia, not giving af. the article explains some of the mechanisms and research done.

https://erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/faq/dxm_faq.shtml
mostly written two decades before auvelity was made, this faq focusses way more on the recreational side and takes the stance that it is NOT a good antidepressant, but i still think it is an essential read for anyone thinking of touching dxm or just curious, it has a lot of valuable observations, covers alot of topics and is detailed. also has a good history lesson too about dxm before the 21st century.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-su...-bupropion-oral-route/proper-use/drg-20539888
The amount of medicine that you take depends on the strength of the medicine. Also, the number of doses you take each day, the time allowed between doses, and the length of time you take the medicine depend on the medical problem for which you are using the medicine.

• For oral dosage form (extended-release tablets):
    • For depression:
      • Adults—At first, one tablet once a day in the morning for 3 days. Your doctor may increase your dose to one tablet 2 times a day at least 8 hours apart. However, the dose is usually not more than 2 tablets per day. Each tablet contains 45 milligrams (mg) dextromethorphan and 105 mg bupropion.

If you miss a dose of this medicine, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not double doses.
at the bottom you can also see the precautions and side effects etc

im putting this here because there will be people and have been people who have done this, i just want to put all the info i think is helpful here to making a decision or give some pointers, i still do not reccomend self medicating, theres just alot that could go wrong or just long term consequences in general, but i know people will want to try anyways (i have so yeah), so i hope this is informative for anyone who reads. ive heard stories of people who buy their own non prescribed dxm and still work with their doctors and inform them if they cannot access auvelity or agree to go into trials too where they can try a medication for a study too so yeah. you can ask around on the dxm subreddit, theres usually just random high people and other random bs but if you ask about DIYing antidepressants people will likely chime in with their experiences and/or theyll tell you to check in with a doctor about it.

Reactions: hailspark
M

mellie5

Mar 26, 2023
non-psychiatry doctors have to train for four more years (at least) to know how to use SSRIs properly (which one, dosage, frequency) and to sort out if patients have depression, anxiety, "just a bad mood", if it's organic (lack of something, the thyroid not working well) or not, etc. etc. so don't try fixing it yourself or organising SSRIs - in the same way as you probably shouldn't try soldering and desoldering things in your phone based on internet chats.

I mean if you are asking in an internet forum with the name "suicide" in it, you are probably not feeling well.

As far as "not wanting it on your record", there is no big brother central medical record of the world, I am sure doctors would like to have it, so they could just turn it on and see whatever medication you had in your whole life, why, what dosage etc.

In fact, it would be useful to know, say, you've had depression before and had good results with sertraline but not venlafaxine.

hailspark

hailspark

hail
Jan 23, 2024
dextromethorphan is setrogenic plus an nmda antagonist (noncompetitive, low-affinity NMDA receptor antagonist, sigma-1 receptor agonist, and serotonin transporter and norepinephrine transporter inhibitor) orrr a really good cough supressant, HOWEVER i would do lots of research and be sure before trying it in any other way than a cough medicine. it kinda works for me rn but its a mixed bag for different people and still has side-effects. it is one component in an approved antidepressant called auvelity; 45mg dxm and 105mg bupropion. depending on where you are it could be hard to get but you can get it shipped to you in most countries, even in ones where its kind of illegal. its given me alot of relief and joy in life HOWEVER it is easy af to abuse i ended up in hospital before and abusing it alot causes 10x more problems, also my usage is different to if someone only took it as instructed so idk how our experiences would compare. i will not that using recreationally will not do much good for most people long term at all. be aware if youre using any other substances and meds or are prone to psychosis or mania. id assume and i kind of have experience that like anything else, if you take it long enough and then suddenly stop, you will not have a good time. i cant really vouch for it completely as one, you don't have any medical supervision, and two idk ive heard and seen and been through enough misuse leading to addiction or just bad stories like if u get unlucky and dxm just isnt for you even in small amounts (ur enzymes could just be like nah so ur sensitive to it or u could go manic or it just bums u out or makes u sick) and i dont wanna put a chemical on a pedestal for other people like all bc it works for me most the time doesnt mean it does for anyone and everyone all the time ig.

heres some resources ive found about it, i still reccomend doing your own research if you ever think about it.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9577655/

my personal side effects of using a low dose consistently are... being more sensitive to all the senses, dry mouth, loss of appetite, more prone to overheating, some insomnia, not giving af. the article explains some of the mechanisms and research done.

https://erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/faq/dxm_faq.shtml
mostly written two decades before auvelity was made, this faq focusses way more on the recreational side and takes the stance that it is NOT a good antidepressant, but i still think it is an essential read for anyone thinking of touching dxm or just curious, it has a lot of valuable observations, covers alot of topics and is detailed. also has a good history lesson too about dxm before the 21st century.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-su...-bupropion-oral-route/proper-use/drg-20539888

at the bottom you can also see the precautions and side effects etc

im putting this here because there will be people and have been people who have done this, i just want to put all the info i think is helpful here to making a decision or give some pointers, i still do not reccomend self medicating, theres just alot that could go wrong or just long term consequences in general, but i know people will want to try anyways (i have so yeah), so i hope this is informative for anyone who reads. ive heard stories of people who buy their own non prescribed dxm and still work with their doctors and inform them if they cannot access auvelity or agree to go into trials too where they can try a medication for a study too so yeah. you can ask around on the dxm subreddit, theres usually just random high people and other random bs but if you ask about DIYing antidepressants people will likely chime in with their experiences and/or theyll tell you to check in with a doctor about it.
Thanks so much! This was a lot of great info

penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
Ask a friend. They're really common, and usually people who have dealt with a mental disorder will have a ton of leftovers of trialed medications. I myself have like 500 tablets of buspirone that I'll never use.

Reactions: AnxiousLlama