• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

ixkitty

ixkitty

Let me be Selfish, just this once.
Aug 15, 2020
So this is my problem:

I want to do x (insert really enjoyable and satisfying thing here). So I get things together and start studying/doing. It's going well. There's good progress happening. I'm happy! I'm enjoying it.

All of a sudden, my mind starts slacking. My still studying but instead of an hour, it's 50 minutes. Now it's 40, 30, 20, now not st all. I want to keep studying, but it's like this door slowly closes on me. Now I'm back to square one.. wanting to do something and can't...

Does this happen to anyone? Or is it just me?

lack

lack

im sorry for what i said
Sep 14, 2023
oh god, this happens to me literally all the time.
i have so much motivation and desire, but the soul lacks willingness. even if it starts out fine, i ,.... just.. stop being able. it's the most distressing thing.

im so sorry to hear this is the case for you, as well. this is the kind of experience i'd not wish on anyone, especially someone else who's struggling at all on any level.

(...though i suspect the fact we're struggling is at least part of why this happens in the first place, but it's a sort of catch-22 in that it causes the bad feelings to intensify, which in turn seems to make it harder to function hahaha ahhhh)

Reactions: ixkitty
ixkitty

ixkitty

Let me be Selfish, just this once.
Aug 15, 2020
Yes, an endless cycle indeed.