• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

MyNameIsRavi

MyNameIsRavi

ughweeeee
Apr 26, 2024
As the title says. I'm concerned about getting a welfare check. I've read about my rights as an Australian citizen, and in the case police show up to do a check I should just be able to say everything's fine, say I don't know about illegal chemicals, i don't consent to them entering or questioning etc. My concern is how to deal with this because I live with other people.

I live with my Mother and my twin brother. My brother occasionally plays with firearms so he knows how to talk to police, but my mother is worrying. She has a tendency to hover over me in every conversation, interject conversations and answer for me, make up stories about me in front of me and refuses to let me speak even as an adult. She seems to think I'm a non-verbal 5 year old even though I'm a grown adult. I'm scared that if police show up she'll just constantly talk to them, not let me speak and maybe even let them inside etc.

My room is right next to the front door so I guess I'll just have to answer the door before they knock and hope she doesn't notice. If she does just pretend idk what it was about etc.

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
In Australia do you have the right to refuse to answer questions? If so, just say that you are OK and refuse to say anything else. Literally say nothing else. That might take some strength of will, but it is your best option. If you tell them you are OK, and they have nothing else to go on (because you haven't given them anything else to go on), they have no grounds to do anything to you. If they do try to do something to you without adequate reason, you can sue them, and they know that. They may try all sorts of tricks to get you to open your mouth, but don't.

S

Schmopo

Mar 5, 2024
I cannot answer what rights there is specifically but I know from past experience with police that they *can* make a determination if they believe you are not okay. If you look awful, poor body language (lack of eye contact, reserved etc), sound low and behaving in a way that makes them think you're lying or hiding, they can decide whether to bring you in the hospital (or wait for ambulance) for further assessment by an intake team. This was a few years ago I had this happen but my state has enacted a revised mental health act since so I'm not sure if this part remains the same or not.