• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

D

Done_Surviving

Student
Sep 17, 2023
Not so much anime, sorry I'm not a fan. I mean western cartoons, like Gravity falls, SU; Ninjago and TMNT2k12 are my ultimate favorites, and I just finished washing Gary and his demons a couple of weeks ago. Talking about cartoons is my coping mechanism, and I actually study animation, so I'd like to believe I know my shit. So please, do tell, what is your favorite cartoon? your favorite animated movie? 2D vs 3D? favorite animation style? What do you think about AI taking over? This is my total hyperfixation and I would love to see what do you guys think.

FoxInWaiting

FoxInWaiting

A forest spirit, waiting for his time to escape.
May 27, 2023
I love cartoons!

Spongebob is my all time fav, also KND, Avatar, Invader Zim, Ed Eddn' Eddy, I'm a big 90s/2000s cartoon lover

My recent fixation has been Helluvaboss, although its a fading fixation as the writing continues to miss the mark.

I miss 2D animation, we keep getting these odd inbetween "3D that looks like 2D" movies, so bad I just want a proper 2D animated blockbuster film

D

Done_Surviving

Student
Sep 17, 2023
I love cartoons!

Spongebob is my all time fav, also KND, Avatar, Invader Zim, Ed Eddn' Eddy, I'm a big 90s/2000s cartoon lover

My recent fixation has been Helluvaboss, although its a fading fixation as the writing continues to miss the mark.

I miss 2D animation, we keep getting these odd inbetween "3D that looks like 2D" movies, so bad I just want a proper 2D animated blockbuster film
OMG, I'm also a huge 90's/early 2000's animation fan! all of the titles you just mentioned I've been totally obsessed with! And I totally agree with you the Helluva Boss thing, it's like the creator doesn't really have the full story figured out yet, and is just making it up as they go all while putting in as much fanservice as possible, I hate this type of stuff, happened with another spanish indi animation I used to follow, FNAF HS (yes totally cringe! sorry) and it was cancelled because of the same reason, wouldn't be surprised if Helluva Boss ends up like that. Anyway, I'm also with you on the 2D looking and feeling better than 3D, but the thing is, and this is coming from someone who actually learned the two types of animations, 3D is cheaper, faster and requires less people to work on it. While traditional 2D is very complex and complicated, specially if you want it to actually look good. That's why the whole industry is shifting more towards 3D, while giving it the 2D aesthetic to make it seem more nostalgic or aesthetically pleasing; even most 2D animations now a days aren't really traditional, rather they are made by using puppet animation, that saves you the trouble of having to draw everything frame by frame.

Reactions: Rocinante
Harrow

Harrow

Aug 20, 2023
I love cartoons, and I have also studied animation. Though I'm more into full length feature films than serialized shows nowadays. I'd love to talk to you about your journey as an animator if you're interested. We can share our separate insights lol.

Also AI gives me so much dread for my future.

D

Done_Surviving

Student
Sep 17, 2023
I love cartoons, and I have also studied animation. Though I'm more into full length feature films than serialized shows nowadays. I'd love to talk to you about your journey as an animator if you're interested. We can share our separate insights lol.

Also AI gives me so much dread for my future.
OMG, that would be amazing thank you! Honestly I'm kinda terrified about the whole "you need to make a career and make money" aspect of the industry, specialy because I feel like a talentless impostor just wasting my time. Right now I manage to land an internship in a small studio as a storyboard artist, but because I've been dealing with a dumb chronic illness and my depression took a nose dive downhill, I have barely meet deadlines, and honestly been doing the most mediocre work ever. I still haven't started working on my final animation project to actually get my degree and everything and aahhhh!!! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE cartoons, and this is pretty much my dream career, I just wish my brain would stop making me feel so miserable and I could actually enjoy the work that I'm supposed to be enjoying.

Harrow

Harrow

Aug 20, 2023
OMG, that would be amazing thank you! Honestly I'm kinda terrified about the whole "you need to make a career and make money" aspect of the industry, specialy because I feel like a talentless impostor just wasting my time. Right now I manage to land an internship in a small studio as a storyboard artist, but because I've been dealing with a dumb chronic illness and my depression took a nose dive downhill, I have barely meet deadlines, and honestly been doing the most mediocre work ever. I still haven't started working on my final animation project to actually get my degree and everything and aahhhh!!! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE cartoons, and this is pretty much my dream career, I just wish my brain would stop making me feel so miserable and I could actually enjoy the work that I'm supposed to be enjoying.
You seem to be in a very very similar spot to me actually. I don't want to go into specifics about myself on the public forum because I'm paranoid about someone finding me here and being sent to a psych ward lol, but if you want to hear more specifics we can definitely private message.

My depression has also got in the way of me meeting deadlines, and imposter syndrome is also a bitch. I feel like I've been working for years but haven't improved an inch. Animation is the thing keeping me alive but it's simultaneously the thing that makes me want to die the most because of my inadequacies. I hardly enjoy it anymore but I HAVE to do it, you know? Because it's all I have. I definitely fit the suffering artist trope lol. The pressure to make money to survive also doesn't help, not to mention artists of all kinds tend to get overworked and poorly compensated.

D

Done_Surviving

Student
Sep 17, 2023
You seem to be in a very very similar spot to me actually. I don't want to go into specifics about myself on the public forum because I'm paranoid about someone finding me here and being sent to a psych ward lol, but if you want to hear more specifics we can definitely private message.

My depression has also got in the way of me meeting deadlines, and imposter syndrome is also a bitch. I feel like I've been working for years but haven't improved an inch. Animation is the thing keeping me alive but it's simultaneously the thing that makes me want to die the most because of my inadequacies. I hardly enjoy it anymore but I HAVE to do it, you know? Because it's all I have. I definitely fit the suffering artist trope lol. The pressure to make money to survive also doesn't help, not to mention artists of all kinds tend to get overworked and poorly compensated.
Would love to. Thank you <3

L

loopdaloop

-
Apr 16, 2023
all time favourite is courage the cowardly dog, it was just the right amount of creepy for the age level I was at and it made me realize as a kid how fun it is to watch horror shows/movies. 90s/early 2000s cartoons in general were well done

D

Done_Surviving

Student
Sep 17, 2023
all time favourite is courage the cowardly dog, it was just the right amount of creepy for the age level I was at and it made me realize as a kid how fun it is to watch horror shows/movies. 90s/early 2000s cartoons in general were well done
Loved Courage! I also really liked The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy and The Misadventures of Flapjack, It always shocked me that there were people who were actually scared of this as children, I always thought they were funnier than scary, but then again I've always been a huge horror fan so maybe that's why.

chronicsoup

chronicsoup

Dec 3, 2023
Vampire Slayer D bloodlust is not just one of my favourite animated movies but one of my favourite things of all time.

eatantz

eatantz

I luv dolls
Nov 4, 2023
Amazing world of gumball and adventure time are just iconic for me. I love all the my little pony equestria girls movies. I like both 2D and 3D, a good example is old Disney vs modern Disney. I love the style of Ghibli movies. AI cant replace human art but capitalism comes before creativity so we are doomed.

ColorlessTrees

ColorlessTrees

Stuck
Jan 4, 2022
When I was a kid, I was strangely obsessed with Spongebob, and later Ren & Stimpy. I still have an obscene amount of knowledge about the latter.

I'm still somewhat interested in cartoons, though I don't really watch much anymore—as an adult, though I found it boring as a kid, I think Rocko's Modern Life is genius. R&S as aforementioned. Also, though a far cry from the rest and I didn't watch it as a kid, I find As Told by Ginger quite comforting and real.
I also love the 90s Disney movies, with The Hunchback of Notre Dame being my favorite. I think it was a great time for cartoons. And I say that without bias, as I didn't grow up around this time.

I hate 3D animation, personally. I can tolerate it occasionally, but typically it ruins or dampers what my enjoyment of the media could've been.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I love 'em. I haven't watched many new cartoons lately but I always try to go back to watch old ones and try to catch good animated movies in theaters whenever I can.

shelterwhereisleep

shelterwhereisleep

May 6, 2024
Yeah. They're comfort shows. King of the Hill, Southpark, Family Guy, American Dad, The Simpsons, Bob's Burgers. I like to fall asleep to them.

Rocinante

Rocinante

Enlightened
Aug 26, 2022
Yeah, Regular Show and Ed, Edd, n Eddy
regular show GIF