• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Do you strongly attach memories and emotions to objects/clothes?

• Yes

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Unsure

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
Rocinante

Rocinante

Enlightened
Aug 26, 2022
Yeah I have a few things that have sentimental value. Mostly if it's something someone gave me that's now passed or I no longer talk too

• Love
Reactions: soulkitty
Silent_cries

Silent_cries

I wish I could delete my trauma...
Aug 10, 2021
Yes I do, both positively and ne gatively. If something b ad happen s related to an object I will probably n ever use it again in fe ar that it will happen again, and if something positive happen s I get way too attatched to the item alway s keeping it around becoming a comfort instead. Apparantly this is a common trait in autism? Could be related to my ocd as well, idk.

dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
I'm saying no in a general sense. Yes, there's some specific instances where seeing something reminds me of a bad time. I have a hard time driving by my old school and the thought of going into the restaurant I work at fills me with dread as an example. Other things are more reasonable like fear of doing anything to my car's battery since it exploded in my face one time.

These, however, are extreme examples. For my general day to day, there isn't anything that I have strong memories toward when seeing. I don't feel anything when looking at old pictures, watching old videos, or looking at stuff I had when I was a child. I wish I could feel something though since I feel like I'm an outlier when it comes to the inability to feel sentimental.

Silent_cries

Silent_cries

I wish I could delete my trauma...
Aug 10, 2021
I'm saying no in a general sense. Yes, there's some specific instances where seeing something reminds me of a bad time. I have a hard time driving by my old school and the thought of going into the restaurant I work at fills me with dread as an example. Other things are more reasonable like fear of doing anything to my car's battery since it exploded in my face one time.

These, however, are extreme examples. For my general day to day, there isn't anything that I have strong memories toward when seeing. I don't feel anything when looking at old pictures, watching old videos, or looking at stuff I had when I was a child. I wish I could feel something though since I feel like I'm an outlier when it comes to the inability to feel sentimental.
You also ha d ba d experience with school? Me too, it ru ined my childhood :/

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I think sometimes I do but the frustrating thing with storing significant memories in specific objects is not being able to remember them at all until I'm reminded of whatever is there to trigger these memories, then it's almost like I'm experiencing them exactly as I did the first time. Most of my memories are triggered more by places and moods rather than objects or clothing though.

Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Missed my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024

I'm like this too but in the past I was more sentimental. Somewhere along the way, something happened to my memory and now it's getting hard for me to associate memories with emotions. Like I was trying to play "best moment/worst moment" to pass the time while on a walk the other week, and it was difficult for me to choose a best or worst moment of my life because I couldn't remember what events felt like.

Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
No. Objects don't hold any value for me. I live an extremely simple life, with almost no objects, except those I need for personal hygiene and entertainment (phone, headset, laptop).

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I think sometimes I do but the frustrating thing with storing significant memories in specific objects is not being able to remember them at all until I'm reminded of whatever is there to trigger these memories, then it's almost like I'm experiencing them exactly as I did the first time. Most of my memories are triggered more by places and moods rather than objects or clothing though.
Oh yeah, I guess I usually also get reminded of things mainly by things that I'm watching. It could be a situation a character is going through or maybe just something they say. I'd wager this is the most common source of remembering more powerful memories for me.

Jiyuurakka

Jiyuurakka

Discontinued Existence
Mar 22, 2024
A strong yes. Although I tend to notice the sentimental value of some objects only when I lose them. A void gets created, and sadness creeps in. Even though I get over it as the days pass, the purity of the replaced object never gets restored, but I learn to appreciate and grow attached to the new thing, only to lose it inevitably once again😭

Last edited:
Dark Moon

Dark Moon

Autistic, death will give me peace.
Sep 21, 2022
Yes, things that family members bought that have died I'm attatched to. Some objects/places I had bad experiences or trauma from, so I tend to avoid them.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: soulkitty