• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
A lie told often enough becomes the truth ;).

Generally, I prefer the uncomfortable truth.
If the truth is too inconvenient, I will simply disagree with the other person's opinion.
The so-called denial system ;).

The world is often built on lies. Sometimes lying is the best option.
However, in this case the truth is probably better.

dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
I'll take every lie if it makes me happy. I no longer want truth if it makes me miserable. This is coming from someone who a month ago would've preached about how honesty and hard-truths are his favorite thing in the world. Then I realized that my idea on seeking out the "true" viewpoint of the world was what made me so miserable.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

Your best friend 🫂
Apr 17, 2023
I'll take every lie if it makes me happy. I no longer want truth if it makes me miserable. This is coming from someone who a month ago would've preached about how honesty and hard-truths are his favorite thing in the world. Then I realized that my idea on seeking out the "true" viewpoint of the world was what made me so miserable.
Honesty over everything...but only when I ask for it otherwise it's insulting. If someone came up to a fat person and called them fat, they're being honest, but the other person didn't ask them if they were fat or not.

Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
Well, it depends on whether or not I'd ever find out the lie was a lie.

If I never find out, then the lie would be my truth, and it wouldn't matter whether it was true or not.

Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Missed my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
The problem with this question is that if someone legitimately does prefer the comforting lie but is not aware of it, they will deceive themselves into thinking that they'd actually prefer the hard truth. And so I think most people would end up responding "Of course I'd prefer the hard truth!" Kind of like how most people think they're an above-average driver lol, self-reports leave much to be desired.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

Your best friend 🫂
Apr 17, 2023
"Honesty is a blunt instrument. It maims as often as it helps." The 48 Laws of Power
The problem with this question is that if someone legitimately does prefer the comforting lie but is not aware of it, they will deceive themselves into thinking that they'd actually prefer the hard truth. And so I think most people would end up responding "Of course I'd prefer the hard truth!" Kind of like how most people think they're an above-average driver lol, self-reports leave much to be desired.
People are irrational. I shall rule over them 🔥😈🔥

Last edited:
soulkitty

soulkitty

ᵐᵉᵒʷ ᵐᵉᵒʷ ᵐᵉᵒʷ
Apr 6, 2024
I prefer a hard truth but said in the most non damaging way possible
It hurts more to find out about it later sometimes so I prefer people be honest. Although I'm horrible at delivering hard truths myself lol

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
I prefer the hard truth. I would hate to live a lie. Anyone who prefers the comforting lie is delusional
Easy to say until you actually are confronted with hard truths. It's hard to live knowing the truth when you aren't in a place where you can mentally handle it. For some people it can cause them to completely spiral, so they end up having to go with the comforting lie instead. I personally would prefer the hard truth over the lie, but I can understand how the reality of things may cause a lot of distress to some. I'm still trying to process some of the truths that have unraveled about my family and at times I find myself wishing to live that comforting lie again. I don't regret knowing this stuff, but it's still hard to come to terms with. I don't think it's really fair to place judgment on those who aren't in a place where they can mentally handle the hard truth yet. It's better to be understanding towards them and take the time to help them reach a point where they feel mentally prepared for it.

innominesatanas44

innominesatanas44

чмарко
Feb 16, 2023
The truth. Lies keep you from freedom. Complacency is like slow torture.

Reactions: sserafim
xinino

xinino

Anti humanist
Mar 31, 2024
Truth "rationality" is not always desirable, even if you find it, it's harsh and ultimately leads to nihilism, so you will end up forcing yourself to cover it by lies in order to live "philosophical suicide". I would prefer to dwell in irrational to transcend truth instead.

Ferdinand Bardamu

Ferdinand Bardamu

DO YOU WANT TOTAL WAR?
Feb 22, 2024
You don't get to speak for others. Why do you assume other people think like you?
>You don't get to speak for others. Why do you assume other people think like you?
Reddit seethe

Unicr0n

Unicr0n

Stuck in a black hole...
Mar 26, 2024
Truth cuz being deceived fucks with my already weak ability to trust. When my parents finally admitted Santa Claus wasn't real [after me finding the presents], chunk of trust lost that I've never truly recovered. Never been able to trust people telling me I'm pretty or that I'm good or whatever because so many kids in school lied to make fun of me or get my hopes up.

I find out anyone else lying to me and we can't be friends anymore. If you lie about one thing, imagine what else you're willing to lie about.

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
I think, it is not that black and white. There are shades in between the "hard truth and the comforting lie". What is important is the attitude of the person criticinsing, in my opinion.

LilysAngel

LilysAngel

Experienced
Apr 30, 2024
Hard truth.
Half of my life has been a lie. Good intentions usuallly, try to "protect" me. But lies is a major reason I'm about to CTB