• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

EmptyHeaded

EmptyHeaded

Experienced
Jan 24, 2024
Were you bullied growing up? Is that why you don't like interacting with people except online? If so, then your aversion to people also isn't normal. Bullying is trauma.
Again, I just don't like it. Personal preference and all that. Consider it a more extreme form of introversion.
Yes, I was bullied a bit, but not to a degree where it had any impact on me or my development.

Reactions: sserafim
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

Your best friend 🫂
Apr 17, 2023
No, you're not supposed to have fun. "Supposed to" means that you should, not could. If you're supposed to go to work, you aren't asked to go to work. You're ordered to go to work.
You can have fun playing games; you don't have to have fun and nobody tells you to have fun.

I don't mean to be rude, but that's a ridiculous statement.
You're saying that someone who despises social interactions improves their health with them.
There is not a single study out there that determined that social interactions have a positive health effect on those who are averse to said interactions.
Have you read all the studies? You can't make a blanket statement like that.
Again, I just don't like it. Personal preference and all that. Consider it a more extreme form of introversion.
Yes, I was bullied a bit, but not to a degree where it had any impact on me or my development.
Did you have that preference before any bullying took place? Before the bullying was your baseline.

Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Missed my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
I still do it out of pure discipline. Going on two years now. Delusional cope that things will get better.
After how much time should one just call it quits is the cruel personal decision.

But yeah, there are worse things than enjoying mindless TV. Like looking at 'beautiful nature' and feeling fuck-all.
Nothing like watching a gorgeous sunset in nature and thinking, "I got out of bed...for this?"

EmptyHeaded

EmptyHeaded

Experienced
Jan 24, 2024
Have you read all the studies? You can't make a blanket statement like that.
I have not, but I have searched for studies about it and found none that support the idea of "Do something you dislike because it'll have a positive effect on you, even though you feel terrible afterwards."
Did you have that preference before any bullying took place? Before the bullying was your baseline.
Yes. I always preferred being on my own.

Unicr0n

Unicr0n

Stuck in a black hole...
Mar 26, 2024
No, you're not supposed to have fun. "Supposed to" means that you should, not could. If you're supposed to go to work, you aren't asked to go to work. You're ordered to go to work.
You can have fun playing games; you don't have to have fun and nobody tells you to have fun.

I don't mean to be rude, but that's a ridiculous statement.
You're saying that someone who despises social interactions improves their health with them.
There is not a single study out there that determined that social interactions have a positive health effect on those who are averse to said interactions.
>study 4 years for neuroscience degree
>study 5 more years for MD-PHD with extensive coursework in behavioural neuroscience
>join lab, start working with people who have PhDs in Neuroscience, Behavioural Neuroscience, and Psychology
>report what has been learned regarding a specific topic
>guy on internet who did a limited google search: "bullshit"
mfw :aw:

The internet really doesn't need Twitter-esque people like you. Just gotta block and move on. Can't tolerate people who are unreasonably argumentative anymore. It's just too draining. Life already sucks as is. Don't need to shit it up more for other people.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ambivalent1
EmptyHeaded

EmptyHeaded

Experienced
Jan 24, 2024
>study 4 years for neuroscience degree
>study 5 more years for MD-PHD with extensive coursework in behavioural neuroscience
>join lab, start working with people who have PhDs in Neuroscience, Behavioural Neuroscience, and Psychology
>report what has been learned regarding a specific topic
>guy on internet who did a limited google search: "bullshit"
mfw :aw:

The internet really doesn't need Twitter-esque people like you. Just gotta block and move on. Can't tolerate people who are unreasonably argumentative anymore. It's just too draining. Life already sucks as is. Don't need to shit it up more for other people.
I don't know, do you have a source for your claim?
Because going around, telling people that they would "benefit" from doing what they despise isn't exactly nice.
To add to that, comparing solitary confinement to avoiding social interactions isn't exactly what I'd expect from someone with a PhD. Those are very different things, as you most likely know.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

Your best friend 🫂
Apr 17, 2023
I don't know, do you have a source for your claim?
Because going around, telling people that they would "benefit" from doing what they despise isn't exactly nice.
To add to that, comparing solitary confinement to avoiding social interactions isn't exactly what I'd expect from someone with a PhD. Those are very different things, as you most likely know.
Nice? Lol wow. Is your world made of gum drops and kittens? Since when does "nice" factor in, especially when discussing facts?

In therapy, they often have you do what you don't want to do in order to help you recover. It's called Exposure therapy. Educate yourself.

innominesatanas44

innominesatanas44

🇷🇸
Feb 16, 2023
I see what socialization does to people, it makes them want to kill themself because of their height and their fucking eye shape. I would rather not add artificial problems to my list of real problems. There is nothing a person could offer me that couldn't be replaced by the internet.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

Your best friend 🫂
Apr 17, 2023
I see what socialization does to people, it makes them want to kill themself because of their height and their fucking eye shape. I would rather not add artificial problems to my list of real problems. There is nothing a person could offer me that couldn't be replaced by the internet.
Interesting perspective. I was just reading about how many people pretend to be nice with others. In light of that, how can anyone want friends or say they can trust them?

EmptyHeaded

EmptyHeaded

Experienced
Jan 24, 2024
Nice? Lol wow. Is your world made of gum drops and kittens? Since when does "nice" factor in, especially when discussing facts?

In therapy, they often have you do what you don't want to do in order to help you recover. It's called Exposure therapy. Educate yourself.
If there were any facts to back it up, it'd be different. All he did was make a ridiculous comparison and then get defensive and explain that since he has a PhD, he must be correct.

Exposure therapy has absolutely nothing to do with this topic. No therapist will tell you to meet people if you don't like meeting people. It's usually a matter of personal preference, nothing else. Compare it to a hobby or something like that.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

Your best friend 🫂
Apr 17, 2023
If there were any facts to back it up, it'd be different. All he did was make a ridiculous comparison and then get defensive and explain that since he has a PhD, he must be correct.

Exposure therapy has absolutely nothing to do with this topic. No therapist will tell you to meet people if you don't like meeting people. It's usually a matter of personal preference, nothing else. Compare it to a hobby or something like that.
I've had many therapists say to meet people even if you don't want to. Their job is to push you outside your comfort zone. You really need to stop with the blanket statements. That PhD holder is not stupid. He/she was right to be frustrated with you.

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov
EmptyHeaded

EmptyHeaded

Experienced
Jan 24, 2024
I've had many therapists say to meet people even if you don't want to. Their job is to push you outside your comfort zone. You really need to stop with the blanket statements. That PhD holder is not stupid. He/she was right to be frustrated with you.
You said it yourself: you have trauma. Of course they'll try to help you then. "Push you outside of your comfort zone" only applies to certain things. No sane person is going to tell someone who doesn't enjoy sexual intercourse to do it anyway, just because they could somehow benefit from it. You don't seem to be able to understand that people can like different things.
I'll say it again: it's a matter of personal preference.
Some people gain something from social interactions, some don't.
I never said that they were stupid, I said their statements made no sense. Comparing aversion to social interaction to solitary confinement is ridiculous; it's literally comparing a personal preference to torture. I also don't see why they should be frustrated. I was the only one to make an argument in the first place. "I have a PhD in that field" is not an argument.
I really don't know if you're just unable to understand views that differ from your own, or if you're conflating loneliness with solitude, but there is nothing to support the idea that solitude is harmful to everyone. There's plenty of people who couldn't be happier being completely alone. Hermits are (or were) a thing because some people do better completely alone.

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim
lostforever77

lostforever77

Dec 13, 2023
I don't understand you pfp. Explain it to me please 🐿️
It's kind of funny that even though I have been here for a bit, no one has ever asked me this question. Thank you!
So I was trying to generate a picture of a cute squirrel going for a hike, with hiking gear. Then some how the AI generated not only that picture, but what also resembles a little ghost squirrel going up. Honestly where my mind was then, and some times where it is now, I found it fitting.

Reactions: Ambivalent1
Silent_cries

Silent_cries

I wish I could delete my trauma...
Aug 10, 2021
No, I envy those who are able to go ou t and have fun. I am un able to go ou t bc whenever I try to socialize it either get s too overwh elming or I just do no t have the energy to do anything. I mi ss it so, so much! I mi ss being able to go ou t with family and friend s like I use d to. Mental illn ess is the wo rst pr ison you can ever get tr apped in imo. I am un employed also, have n ot been able to wo rk for year s due to mental illn ess. Beside s, I have a cr iminal record due to my fu cked up pa st, so who would hire me anyway?

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

Your best friend 🫂
Apr 17, 2023
No, I envy those who are able to go ou t and have fun. I am un able to go ou t bc whenever I try to socialize it either get s too overwh elming or I just do no t have the energy to do anything. I mi ss it so, so much! I mi ss being able to go ou t with family and friend s like I use d to. Mental illn ess is the wo rst pr ison you can ever get tr apped in imo. I am un employed also, have n ot been able to wo rk for year s due to mental illn ess. Beside s, I have a cr iminal record due to my fu cked up pa st, so who would hire me anyway?
We're mostly similar.