• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Silent_cries

Silent_cries

I wish I could delete my trauma...
Aug 10, 2021
should I be wo rried? I know it is ba d that I am do ing it but I can no t st op. The str ess just get too much. The head ache is still relatively mild, but I wo rry about what will happen if I cont inue. I am completely un able to st op though bc it is the on ly thing that give s me relief rn and it is ne ar imp ossble to fi ght my comp ulsion. I want to br eak my own sk ull, it is ba d...

CuriosityAndCat

CuriosityAndCat

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.
Nov 2, 2023
Can you wear a helmet or the like?

willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
I used to be a head banger as well. I was always told that you can't do any serious damage by head banging as your body will ensure you don't hit your head too hard, however I was being told this by the same staff who were medically neglectful and abusive, so who knows if it's true. I would say of course your head is going to hurt after that, but if you develop any vomiting, confusion, severe dizziness, new vision changes, or other signs of a concussion get yourself checked out. I never had any issues other than a killer headache but just be careful and if you notice any new symptoms go have a doctor look at you. When it doubt, get checked out.

As far as fighting the urge, is there anything that would be an okay replacement? Would you be able to hold ice, take a cold or hot shower, do intense exercise? I know they aren't the same but maybe you could attempt them for at least a minute or two? I'm sorry you're hurting.

• Love
Reactions: soulkitty
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
should I be wo rried? I know it is ba d that I am do ing it but I can no t st op. The str ess just get too much. The head ache is still relatively mild, but I wo rry about what will happen if I cont inue. I am completely un able to st op though bc it is the on ly thing that give s me relief rn and it is ne ar imp ossble to fi ght my comp ulsion. I want to br eak my own sk ull, it is ba d...
If you keep doing that, the odds are that you will finish up with some degree of brain damage eventually.
Can you bang some other part of you onto the concrete?
Alternatively, have you tried alcohol to deal with the stress? That can put you on a dangerous road, of course, but if you don't need to do it very often then the risk might be acceptable.